Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Homemade Ice Cream: Pineapple Mango



I love making homemade ice cream! As a matter of fact, once I got my new Blendtec blender, I never looked back at store bought ice cream again. Quickly whipping up a batch of this frozen delight at the drop of a hat and seeing people's reactions to not only how quick and easy it is to make, but also how absolutely delicious it turns out, is priceless! I love knowing exactly what is in my food, creating healthy alternatives for otherwise unhealthy treats, and using whole, unprocessed ingredients to create phenomenal food.


I don't know if any other blender has the power to do what my Blendtec does, but for any of you who own a Blendtec blender, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. If you have wanted one of these machines and weren't sure if it was worth it, I can promise you it pays for itself many times over. It is the only kitchen item I own that I refuse to do without!

This is my first video attempt. I am sure they will get better with practice. I hope it is helpful for anyone who wants to "see" how to make this homemade ice cream recipe. If you are curious and want to give it a try, I hope this video helps you have success. Here's to your health! Remember, every bite counts.

5 comments:

  1. Yum!! I can't wait to try this! I'm so glad you started making these videos :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you substitute honey equally for the agave?
    What brand of Vanilla extract do you use?
    Looking forward to trying this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking Danette! Yes, you can substitute honey— which is what I have started to do in this recipe myself. I recently learned that agave is NOT a healthy sweetener because of its high percentage of fructose (90%). Fructose is the hardest sugar for your body to digest, causing a huge insulin response from the liver, which makes it very taxing to the liver. You may want to warm the honey slightly, so it flows and you don’t get huge chunks of hardened honey in your ice cream. Always use raw, local honey. And when warming it, put it in a glass container, then inside a pot of water on the stove like a water bath. Heat the water and it will help the honey in the glass jar liquify more and flow better. To keep it raw, do not heat honey over 115°F. Use a candy thermometer to check temperature. I hope this is helpful to you!! Good luck with your next batch of ice cream!

      Delete
    2. As for the vanilla, I use pure vanilla extract from Costco. It doesn’t have a brand name on it. I buy the 16oz bottle.

      Delete